The best email marketing creates a funnel to a dedicated list of email subscribers that are engaged with your brand and want to stay updated. You want to keep your brand in the minds of your audience so that when the time comes to begin shopping they think of you first. Social media, content marketing, newsletters and last but not least, analytics should be measured and analyzed along with split tests so that your results are always improving.
The best way to increase subscribers to your email list is with content marketing. Not only is content marketing the most effective way to increase email subscribers, but it is also the best way to constantly improve SEO and traffic to your site. Content marketing is valuable, if not essential for all organization types. Content marketing is being used by so many of a business’s competitors and so often, that to not produce content to grow one’s brand is a sure path to declining traffic. Don’t forget, besides all of the marketing benefits of producing good content, there’s also a huge SEO benefit for fresh content.
70% of marketers are creating more content than they did one year ago. We produce engaging content consistently that drives traffic to your website.
Email reaches three times more people than Twitter and Facebook combined.Email marketing stats prove that email as a channel is far from obsolete. In fact, it should be a primary facet of your marketing plan now and moving forward.Email marketing is a powerful vehicle for delivering messages directly to your target audience. Social media has its role in the marketing machine (as well it should), but you have to build your audiences, post constantly and run the risk of not everyone seeing your posts.
Email marketing is the most important channel any business can use to continually get their name in front of their past and present clients. It’s consistent, targeted, effective, inexpensive and used by most of the world’s population.
Here are 10 email marketing stats for 2015-
1) Email marketing yields an average 4,300% return on investment for businesses in the United States. (Direct Marketing Association)
2) Companies using email to nurture leads generate 50% more sales-ready leads and at 33% lower cost. And nurtured leads, on average, produce a 20% increase in sales opportunities compared to non-nurtured leads. (Hubspot)
3) Small business owners estimate that getting an extra hour in their day back from doing their own email marketing (and other activities) is worth $273/hour. (Constant Contact)
4) For every $1 spent on email marketing, the average return on investment is $44.25. (ExactTarget)
5) Marketers consistently ranked email as the single most effective tactic for awareness, acquisition, conversion, and retention. (Gigaom Research)
6) Email conversion rates are three times higher than social media, with a 17% higher value in the conversion. (McKinsey & Company)
7) Email is nearly 40 times better than Facebook and Twitter at acquiring customers. (McKinsey & Company)
8) 70% of people say they always open emails from their favorite companies. (ExactTarget)
9) 91% of consumers check their email at least once per day on their smartphone, making it the most used functionality. (ExactTarget)
10) Companies that use email list segmentation saw a 39 % higher open rates and 28% lower unsubscribe rates. (Lyris Annual Email Optimizer Report)
68% of companies surveyed ranked email marketing as “good” or “excellent,” making it the best-ranked channel compared to SEO, content marketing, paid search, online direct marketing, social media, affiliate marketing, mobile marketing and online display advertising.
An ideal email marketing strategy involves producing engaging content consistently, sharing on your social media channels, sharing your best and exclusive content with your email lists and measuring everything you do with analytics and split testing. This is the best plan for email marketing in 2015. If you are not doing all of these things already you should begin as soon as possible.